Thursday 2 December 2010

Festive Banner

The snow has put me in a festive mood, so I've designed a new banner for my Etsy shop.


I started by creating a pale grey marbled background and added snowy dots all over it. I didn't want it to be too Christmassy being mindful that not everyone celebrates Christmas, but I couldn't resist topping the C of Chameleonite with Santa's hat. I was quite pleased with how restrained I managed to be because my original design had a couple of Christmas trees and sprig of holly. But it didn't reflect my shop or say anything about what I sold, so I finally decided on one of my scarlet polymer clay roses placed at either end. Not very Christmassy, but such lovely festive colours!

You can see the scarlet rose incorporated into my designs in the side bar on the right. Details of the necklace can be found here, and matching earrings here.

No comments:

Post a Comment