Sunday 26 September 2010

Latest Additions

This week I've added a few more memory wire bracelets to my existing collection. They're becoming quite addictive. I find the making of them very relaxing; there's something about threading beads in a sequence and watching the design build, that's very satisfying.

Dotty: A simple, yet striking design. Six wraps in black and white form a nice deep cuff.


Spangle: I love the zesty citrus orange and Lime in these crackle beads. They remind me of the hard fruit flavoured spangle sweets I had as a child.


Autumn Fruits: Many of the wooden beads in this bracelet are vintage ones I've had in my bead stash for many years. I seem to remember I bought them from Janet Coles Bead Catalogue... anyone remember her? This was way before the internet, and I loved pouring over the glossy pages of wonderful beads she had personally sourced on her travels all around the world. Here I've mixed them with apple coral and carnelian.



Christmas: I know it's early, but it will be here before we know it. A four wrap bracelet in festive red and green.

No comments:

Post a Comment