Friday 3 July 2009

The new slimline Bailey

My handsome boy Bailey has now surpassed his goal weight of 36kg and is now a trim 35kg. We had intended that he try to maintain his weight this month, but even an increase in calories by adding a daily sardine or mackerel to his diet and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil on his dinner and tea still saw another 800g loss when we visited the vet's weight loss clinic on Tuesday. We had decided to increase the calories with oils and oily fish because his coat was dull with severe moulting (even worse than usual) and dry flaky skin when I brushed him. His coat is now in super condition, but in order for him not to lose any more weight I am increasing his food and taking him for fortnightly checks until we find the ideal amount to feed him. I'm sure he must feel a lot better in this scorching hot weather than he did last summer weighing almost 42kg.

Anyway, I thought I'd let you all see how great he looks now. :)

But before I do, here are a couple of before pictures:

This was taken last autumn just as he started his diet, weighing 41.9kg



In his couch potato days!



Doesn't he look so much better! Far younger than his 9 1/2 years.



Showing off his new trim tummy. He could barely roll onto his back before!


What a pity I'm not as disciplined where my own weight's concerned! Mind you, I'd look a right tart adopting some of Bailey's poses! That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it... the excuse that is, not the diet!

1 comment: